Project folders can help your team stay organized and focused by making it faster and easier to find relevant work, and to make sure that important documentation isn’t lost in the stream of ongoing workflow.
In this article, we’ll show you how to create, manage, and navigate through your folders.
Create, Navigate & Search Folders
Create and Rename Folders
Folders can only be created in the All Projects category, and are seen by all team members, but not by Contributors or Guests.
To create a folder:
- Select the All Projects from the Folder & Filter sidebar
- Click the New Folder button in the Project toolbar
- In the New Folder window, name your folder and hit Create
- Your new folder will appear in both the Folder & Filter sidebar and your Project List
To rename a folder:
- Hover over the folder in the Project List
- Click on the Rename pencil icon
- Enter the new folder name
- Hit Enter/Return or click outside the folder
To open and enter a folder, you can either:
- Click on the folder in the Folder & Filter sidebar
- Double-click on the folder in the Project List
In both cases, the folder will display in the Project list, along with a horizontal breadcrumb to help you jump back through nesting levels.
To navigate in and out of folders, use the folder tree in the sidebar, or the breadcrumb in the Project List.
Search Projects & Folders
Organize Projects in Folders
To add a project to a folder, just drag and drop it onto the destination folder in either the Folder & Filter sidebar, or the Project List itself.
To add a project to a nested subfolder, drag and drop it onto the destination folder in the Folder & Filter sidebar.
To create subfolders, just nest one folder within another.
You can nest folders in both the Folder & Filter sidebar and the Project List.
To un-nest a folder, drag it to the desired level of the folder tree in the Folder & Filter sidebar – or up to All Projects to un-nest it completely.
To delete a folder:
- Select the folder in the Project List
- Click the Delete trash can icon to trigger the Delete Items modal
- Confirm by pressing the Delete button