Search and open projects
In the article, Introduction to Projects, we provided an overview of the Project Window within the Dashboard.
In this article, we’ll explore the full utility of the Project Window, explain project categories, and show you how to find and open projects.
In the Project Window, you’ll find a categorized list of all projects to which you have access.
That includes projects created by you and other team members, as well as projects that have been shared with you – or transferred to your account.
Click on Open Projects to open the Project Window in the Dashboard.
In the Folder & Filter sidebar, you’ll find a series of project filters designed to help you quickly locate projects.
Click on any of the filter tabs to see the projects in that category:
- All Projects: All ready-to-edit projects in your current account
- Recent: Projects that you edited most recently
- Created by me: Projects you initiated
- Shared with me: Projects that other Moqups users shared with you
- Archive: Projects archived by you or your team members
There is an additional tab and category for Incoming projects – but the tab only appears when another Moqups user has sent a request to transfer ownership of their project to you.
Learn more about Archiving ProjectsLearn more about Transferring Projects
Search Project List
Search for projects and folders by typing into the Search Input in the Projects Toolbar.
Searching within the All Projects filter yields results from all categories except Archived Projects. To narrow your search to a single category, click on that filter’s tab and perform the search.
To open a project:
- Click on the Moqups Main Menu button
- Click on Open Projects to open the Project Window in the Dashboard
- Search for the project title, either by using the Search Input, or by scanning through the Project List
- Click the Project Title to open the project
When in the Dashboard, for each project, there are also quick-action buttons that let you jump either into Edit or Preview modes.
- In Thumbnail view, they’ll appear as you hover over the project thumbnail.
- In List view, you’ll see these links to the right of the project title.
Open Project from an Email Invitation
When you’ve been invited to collaborate on a project, you’ll receive an email invitation with a link to that project.
If you have a Moqups account, clicking on the link will open the project in your browser.
If you don’t have a Moqups account, clicking on the project link will take you to a sign-up window. Your new Moqups account will automatically be registered to the email where the invitation was sent. Just pick a password – and you’re all set.