Google Chrome Extension
If you use Google’s Chrome browser to access our app, the official Moqups Google Chrome extension will add the following functionality and features:
- Capture Screenshots to the Library
- Enable Eyedropper for Color Picker
- Create Projects and Jump to Moqups
In this article, you’ll learn how to install the extension in Chrome, and how to use the extension’s features.
Install the Moqups Extension
- Visit the Chrome Web Store or, from within the Moqups app, just click on the eyedropper in the color-picker and follow the link.
- After installing the extension, the blue Moqups button will appear to the right of the browser's address bar.
- To enable the eyedropper, you’ll need to refresh any tabs that have the Moqups app currently open.
With the extension, you can grab the visible area of a website, a specific selection, or an entire page – and add those shots instantly to your Team Images library. This saves time when you’re putting together a mood board, looking for inspiration, doing competitor research, or creating quick mockups.
To take screenshots:
- Click the Moqups extension icon to the right of the browser’s address bar
- Select one of the Capture Page Screenshot options
- Visible Area will capture only what’s currently visible in your browser window
- Selected Area will let you click and drag to choose a specific part of the window
- Entire Page will grab the entire webpage
Our Chrome extension also enables our app’s eyedropper – so you can target any color on the page, and apply it instantly to your design elements.
Installing the extension – and refreshing any open Moqups tabs – will automatically activate the eyedropper. You’ll find the eyedropper icon in the Format Panel’s color picker.
To use the eyedropper to pick colors:
- Click the eyedropper icon to open an inspector window in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- As you move the crosshair-cursor around the page, the window will display a close up view of the pixels beneath, as well as both their RGB and Hex values.
- Click to select the color beneath the cursor.
Create Projects and Jump to Moqups
You can instantly create a new project, or go right to your account's Dashboard, by hitting the Moqups button in the top-right corner of your browser.
This is particularly useful when you are jumping between multiple tabs in the browser – or taking screenshots to build mood boards, mockups, and storyboards.
Questions & Answers
Why does the eyedropper only work if I am using a browser extension?
To provide all these features – including the eyedropper – we chose to rely on Chrome and Firefox extensions for both technical and security reasons. For a full explanation of this choice, and the reasoning behind it, check out our blog post.
Is this extension available for other browsers?