Search for icons, and add them to the page
Our Icons Library contains several Icon sets:Material Design, Font Awesome, Bootstrap, Feather, Hawcons, Amazon AWS, Azure Services, and Emoji. And, many of these sets come with a variety of themes.
In this article, you’ll learn how to find the icons you need, and add them to the page as objects. We’ll also show you how to duplicate and rename those icons.
Browse Icon Library
To browse the Icon library, navigate to the Left Sidebar and click on the Icons Tab. The tab will turn blue – and will open the Icons Panel.
At the top of the panel, use the dropdown to select an icon kit, and the submenu arrow to select a specific theme for that kit.
Once you have selected a kit and a theme, the panel will display various icon categories – so you can drill down on a particular subject or action.
You can quickly expand and collapse all categories within an icon set by using the More actions menu, or by holding down Alt/Option when expanding or collapsing a single category.
All our icons are tagged, making it easy to search, find, compare and choose the right one for your context.
The search input in the Icons Panel functions differently than in the Stencils Panel.
To search for an icon:
- Type a search term into the input
- The search displays results from the selected Icon Kit and Theme
- To view results from other icon kits, use the dropdown and submenu arrow to switch between kits and themes
The Icon search filters its results by kit and theme because, in most cases, using icons from the same kit adds visual consistency to a project.
Add Icons to the Page
From the Icons Panel, there are two ways to add an icon to your page:
- Drag and drop an icon to a specific place on the page
- Click on the icon to have it appear in the top-left corner of the page
You can only duplicate icons once they’ve been added to a page – as objects.
There are two ways to duplicate an object:
- While holding down Alt/Option, click and drag a duplicate away from the original
- Ctrl/Cmd + D creates a duplicate on the page
You can rename any object on the page in two ways:
- At the top of the Format Panel, you’ll find the object’s name in blue text; just click on the text to rename.
- In the Outline Panel, double-click on the object name and type in a new one.
In a later article, we’ll explain how to use the Outline Panel to Group and Organize your objects quickly and effectively.
Questions & Answers
Can I add my own icons or icon packs to the Icon Library?
If there’s a specific icon kit that you and your team need, you can always request a permanent addition to the library. We’ve made it quick and easy to send us your suggestion and make sure it goes straight to our dev team. You’ll find this option at the bottom of the Icon panel’s More actions menu.
At the moment, you can’t add your own icons. But, as a workaround, you can always upload an image of the icon you need directly to the page or to the Image Library.