Search for icons, and add them to the page
Our Icons Library contains several Icon Kits: Material Design, Material Design +, Font Awesome, Hawcons, Hawcons (Filled) and Entypo+.
In this article, you’ll learn how to find the icons you need, and add them to the page as objects. We’ll also show you how to duplicate those icons, and rename them in the Outline Panel.
Browse Icon Library
To browse the Icon library, navigate to the Left Sidebar and click on the Icons Tab. The tab will turn blue – and will open the Icons Panel. The first kit you’ll see in the Icons Panel is Material Design.
To explore the contents of each Icon Kit, open the Showing dropdown and select the kit you wish to view.
The search input in the Icons Panel functions differently than in the Stencils Panel.
To search for an icon:
- Type a search term into the input
- The search displays results from the specific Icon Kit selected as Showing
- To view results from other icon kits, use the Showing Dropdown to switch between kits
The Icon search filters its results by kit because, in most cases, using icons from the same kit adds visual consistency to a project.
Add Icons to the Page
From the Icons Panel, there are two ways to add an icon to your page:
- Drag and drop an icon to a specific place on the page
- Double-click on the icon to have it appear in the top-left corner of the page
You can only duplicate icons once they’ve been added to a page – as objects.
There are two ways to duplicate an object:
- While holding down Alt/Option, click and drag a duplicate away from the original
- Ctrl/Cmd + D creates a duplicate on the page
As the complexity of your project grows, renaming icons will help keep you organized – and make it easy to identify, and distinguish between other objects on the page.
To rename an icon, or any other object:
- Navigate to the Left Sidebar
- Click on the Outline Tab to open the Outline Panel
- The Outline Panel lists all objects on the page: Icons, Stencils, Templates and Images
- Hover over an item in the Outline Tree and, on the page, a blue border will simultaneously highlight the corresponding object
- In the Outline Panel, double click on an object’s name to change it
In a later article, we’ll explain how to use the Outline Panel to Group and Organize your objects quickly and effectively.
Questions & Answers
Can I add my own icons to the Icon Library?
At the moment, you can’t add icons. As a workaround, you can always upload an image of the icon you need – directly to the page or to the Image Library.